Vacancy - Accounts Officer Reconciliations
Econet is a global tmt (telecommunications, media and technology) group of companies. Econet Telecom Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified Basotho nationals who wish to develop their careers in the dynamic telecommunications industry.
Posted: 15 July 2021
Reporting: Finance Manager
To provide operational support to finance department by ensuring accuracy and completeness of all transactions, also ensuring compliance with all the relevant policies.
• Prepares accurate monthly Central Bank of Lesotho reconciliation and ensure timely submission.
• Prepares monthly debtors and liabilities reconciliations..
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliation statements.
• Prepares monthly Ecocash billers' reconciliation statements.
• Reconcile monthly Ecosure premium schedules to the Ecocash statement
• Performs daily reconciliation between stock and reimbursements created in the system against the bank statements and
• Performs daily wallet to bank and bank to wallet reconciliation statements.
• Ensures accurate, timely and complete posting of transaction journals into the general ledger.
• Prepares monthly billers commission invoices
• Verifies that merchants, billers and agents' E-wallets have sufficient funds before payment can be made
• Checks that all payments are supported by necessary documentation and that they are line with Payments SOP's.
• Performs random spot checks for internal Ecocash agents.
• Monitors internal agents' working float where extra funding has been received for payroll payments and initiate the withdrawal
process where funds have been fully converted into virtual money.
• Resolves escalated bank related operational issues
• Prepares monthly Ecocash revenue analysis report.
• Assists in preparation of monthly management accounts and analysing of performance against the budget and prior periods.
Qualifications & Experience
• A Chartered Accounting Stage Certificate
• 2 - 3 years' experience in external audit environment.
• Experience in telecommunications will be an added advantage.
• Good interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to interact at all levels within the organisation and with external parties
• Ability to interact, negotiate and achieve targets.
• Excellent attitude, excellent written and verbal communication and people skills.
• Strong relationship-building skills and customer-service orientated.
• Ability to handle multiple requests/projects simultaneously and prioritise.
• Provide motivation, training and support to team members.
• Ability to demonstrate clear & confident communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent problem solving ability.
• Willing to work outside normal office hours from time-to-time when required.
Interested applicants should submit their application letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Econet Telecom
Lesotho, P.O. Box 1037, Maseru, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified copies of educational certificates to
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 23rd July 2021.
Candidates who would not have been contacted by the 28th July 2021 should consider their applications not successful.